543.200 - Either party may demand jury.

Steven Groce, Attorney Advertisement

In misdemeanor cases, after the plea of the defendant has been entered, if he pleads not guilty, the defendant or prosecuting attorney may demand a jury; but if no jury is demanded, the case may be tried by the associate circuit judge.

(RSMo 1939 § 3825, A.L. 1945 p. 750 § 20, A.L. 1978 H.B. 1634, A.L. 1993 S.B. 180)

Prior revisions: 1929 § 3435; 1919 § 3780; 1909 § 4988

(1956) Appeal from conviction in city court is to be tried de novo in the same manner as if case originated in court of criminal correction. Thus defendant on request is entitled to jury trial. City of St. Louis v. Moore (A.), 288 S.W.2d 383.